What causes Morphinetraces in drug test when on Vicodin for knee pain?
User rating for this question
Hi, was drug tested at work and tested positive for morphine! I have scripts for vicodin and I take some otc meds. Is there anything that could have caused a false positive? Help!!!
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Vicodin and other tranquilizants give false result Detailed Answer: Hi, You are reporting to be using Vicodin for chronic back and knee pain, and migraines. Please bare in mind that Vicodin contains oxycodone, an opioid analgesic. This explains why the drug test you did at work was resulted positive for morphine (which is an opioid itself). Next, you are taking a range of other tranquilizants for the pain, sleeping and depression, which can also be caused a false positive result. So, I'd suggest to talk to the doctor who prescribed all these meds; discuss with him/her to stop some of these meds for a while, until you get tested again with no meds. Hope it helped! Dr.Sonila Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
People also viewed
- Experiencing a stomach pain after tahbso operation
- What causes sharp knee pain
- Can i do lazer treatment for dark lips
- What is the cause and treatment for knee pain
- Livogen xt used for what
- Can i smoke with hyperthyroidism
- What could cause knee pain
- Livogen xt when to use
- What causes persistent knee pain
- How harmful is vaginal yeast infection
- What is livogen syrup
- Causes of left knee pain
- What are livogen tablets used for
- I am currently on prednisone 20mg and azithromycin for uri
- Purpose of livozen tablets