What causes LVEF and is it reversible?

Hello, I am a male, 37 year old, 86 kg. At the beginning of October I had few strange episodes, I thought I was having a heart attack, I had strange sensations on my shoulders, arms, hands and feet with palpitations and the feeling of passing out, but actually it never happened, it seems it was a panic attack, anyway, I have been in one of the best Hospital in Bangkok and they diagnosed Mild Mitral Valve Prolapse, LVEF 70% with diastolic dysfunction first degree. I was put on Bystolic 5 mg since then. I feel much better now. I had another Ultrasound recently in another good Hospital. But my Mild Mitral Valve Prolapse disappeared, LVEF is now 66% but stil i have a impaired relaxation of LV. I know it is something not to be too worried about, but I would like to know why I have this? Maybe because I did not exercise enough lately? Is it reversible? Or can any medicine helps to relax my LV? I thought Bystolic would help. And also why i dont have the prolapse anymore? Was it a wrong diagnosis? I am young and I want to be healthy, i am a little worried not to have a 'perfect' heart. Thank you very much for your reply. I also wish you a happy new year! I have attached both diagnosis.
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Altered Echo findings not a disease. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read all your test reports and I could notice that the final diagnosis of yours were diastolic dysfunction and mild mitral prolapse. Both of them are not organic patologies, by echography findings. In other words, different echographic clinics would have different ranges for such findings. Some of them would determine within the normal range; others would report as the one in your case. However, in neither cases, there is a pathology. Usually, there is not a factor related to such findings. Neither hereditary nor the lack of exercise are not known as factors. Is it reversible? - Such findings are not assigned as "reversible"; but, as mentioned earlier, different echografist can determine them as normal or just mild findings. Can medicine helps to relax LV? - You are currently taking Bistolic which will help you. With regards to Bystolic, it could help in regulating your heart rhythm. Other advice include: - avoid salt, fats, alcohol - healthy lifestyle habits - take bystolic as directed. All the best! Dr.Benard