What causes Jock itch?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
My husband states that everytime we have sex with he he start itching he only have sex with me only about every two to three months and one XXXXXXX e my doctor told me that I had jock and only men has that and we been married for only two half years and we had sex all the time before we was married and never complain about he had itching and he also has has some mental health issues, he states he has in large prostate and never want to have sex because he just within last month started getting hi own income has problem with HBP, high cholesterol , low back pain and I have gotten to fat to move my body to have sick We have been taking of my elderly father from the time we got married. Our attitudes have been very poor toward one another. I have been waiting for my father to get long term care from VA.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Jock itch Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXXXXX Welcome to health care magic. I have gone through your query and I understand your concern regarding jock itch spread. "Jock itch" is a common name for fungal infection of skin of groin usually caused by fungi called dermatophytes. It is medically called tenia cruris and can occur in both males and females. This infection can spread to your partner by very close contact but it is easily treatable by antifungal therapy. I suggest you and your husband get a skin test done for fungal culture and get appropriate therapy for the same. Regarding your husbands health problems, I will require more details about his symptoms and I will be able to assist you based on that. I hope I have cleared your doubts. Please get back if any more clarifications. Thanks.