What causes Inflamation and scar tissue in frontal lobe?

Excellent

Neurologist
Question
Can you please tell me what causes Inflamation and scar tissue in the frontal/temporal lobe?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 6 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

Regarding the inflammation and the scar tissue in the brain, most common cause is concussion and head injuries. Other less common causes are meningoencephalitis, stroke, post surgery, healed brain abscess and birth (perinatal) injuries.

So I personally feel trauma to your head could be the cause of scar and commonly involved regions of the brain are frontal and temporal regions. As with scarring in other organs and tissues, the glial scar is the body's mechanism to protect and begin the healing process in the nervous system.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist

Follow-up: What causes Inflamation and scar tissue in frontal lobe? 9 hours later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX R. So would that be the same for scar tissue and Inflamation found along the frontal temporal bone in the face?

Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 15 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

Regarding the scar found along the FT bone, I feel in the back ground of trauma concussion and head injury is the cause of it. Rarely it could be due to resolving subdural hematomas.

Sincerely,

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist