What causes Adenovirus infection?
User rating for this question
My son has(d) adenovirus, first showing symptoms 10 days ago. We did not use any medications and he is still coughing with green mucous, but, no fever, not lethargic, and overall in good spirits. Is he still contagious?
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Communicability of Adenovirus Detailed Answer: Hello, Adenovirus infections most commonly cause illness of the respiratory system. Infections tend to get better in a few days, although coughs and eye infections often last longer. Usually respiratory symptoms may develop in 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus. Most infections are mild and require no therapy or only symptomatic treatment. Because there is no virus-specific therapy. Adenovirus infections are most contagious during the first few days of symptoms, persons who are exposed to them during first 3-4 days may develop symptoms. Some patients can carry the virus in their tonsils, adenoids and intestines for months or years and not have any symptoms, but still be able to spread the virus to others. Only good health habits can prevent you from getting adenovirus infection.These include covering the mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, washing hands often, avoiding touching the eyes, nose or mouth and avoiding close contact with people who are sick. There is no vaccine generally available to prevent adenovirus infection. Hope i have answered your query, if you any query regarding this you are free to post me. Thank you.
People also viewed
- Drugs/medication for scabies infection
- What is the cause of virgina infection
- Sudden dizziness nausea temperature terrible headache difficulty walking reason
- Drugs/medication for typhoid bacteria
- Drugs/medication for inactivated rabies virus
- Symptoms of adenovirus infection
- Diagnosis of Adenovirus infection
- Drugs/medication for repeated fungal infections
- Adenovirus infection and vaginitis in children
- Bleeding during pregnancy depot injection given should i be worried
- Drugs/medication for rabies pep
- Dehydration dizziness pounding behind head high bp treatment options
- Pain in few areas in the scalp when touched serious
- Drugs/medication for Adenovirus infection
- Sharp shooting pain in the head what could this be