What cause sudden rib pain under the left arm?
User rating for this question
I am recovering from a lower back op. I had sudden onset of rib pain under the left arm overnight the pain was not inside the chest, and was provokable by touch. It moved further down and up, and was spasmodic. I had to breath through my diaphragm . Wife massaged upper left back muscles, took 50 mg diclofenac and 1 g paracetamol. Has settled but is still threatening
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: could be acute rib inflammation Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX This could be acute rib inflammation, and nothing else. Your symptoms suggests so. Since, it has settle down now, it is unlikely to be related to heart. For now, I would suggest you to continue the same medications for 2 more days. Hot fomentation or massage locally will help too. You can continue that. If anytime, your pain increases suddenly, with difficulty in breathing, unbearable chest pain, with increased sweating - it is when you need to see a doctor at the earliest. For now, You can wait and watch over this. It should subside in a couple of days. Get well soon.
People also viewed
- Sharp chest pain after crying
- Is joint pain a side effect of nexplanon?
- Under rib pain and chills
- Is numbness a side effect of rivaroxaban?
- Chest pain day after drinking
- Cough after hit to the chest
- What cause sudden rib pain under the left arm
- Wierd feeling on chest after coffee
- Suggest treatment for rib pain under the left arm
- Is joint pain a side effect of ofloxacin?
- What causes rib pain and soreness
- Is muscle aches a side effect of omnicef?
- Chest pain after excessive crying
- Lower left rib pain causes
- Is muscle aches a side effect of savella?