What cause sore,swollen and numb nose?

my nose is sore to the touch and feels a little numb and swollen.. no injuries what is wrong with me? Hi, my nose started to get very sore to the touch (on the bridge and sides) two days ago. I have not been injured in any way, i just got over a bad cough and cold last week. The doctor gave me a Z-pack for the cough. My nose feels a bit swollen and numb today. I do not have a runny nose right now, but I do feel some pressure in my head. I've had many sinus infections, none that have made my nose hurt. It feels like someone hit me and it's bruised. Thanks!
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could be due to Folliculitis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The symptoms you mentioned above are comonly presented in case of folliculitis. The follicles of the hair in the nose get inflammed and result in the pain and numbness. The cause for the inflammation could be infections. The symptoms are intense due to the involvement of nasal cartilage which is very sensitive. Do take Tab Motrin 400mg twice daily after food for two days. This will bring down the pain and swelling. Also, you may be needing antibiotics to treat the infection. Do consult an ENT specialist whon can examine, confirm the diagnosis and place you on suitable antibiotics. regards,