What cause rosacea and what is the treatment?

I am 68 years old. I have had antibiotics to reduce the inflammation caused by mites on my nose, and do not think this is the issue. I believe the uncomfortable rashes that have recurred on my cheeks and nose, quite frequently over the last 2 years, are related to spices or supplements: I use turmeric, cayenne, cilantro, red and black pepper,Tabasco, peanuts / peanut butter, and ginger. I take a seaweed supplement that I understand could overdose me with iodine and cause the symptoms, however, I stopped using it 6 months ago and the rashes have reappeared, vitamin b12, vitamin d, Viagra, testosterone injections, lunesta (low dose), trazadone (low dose), and melatonin. I have used these spices all my adult life and these vitamins and medications for at least 5 years. I play a lot of golf therefore in the sun a lot but with 50+ SPF sunscreen. I had eczema as a child, but no issues as an adult. None of these problems occurred before I turned 64. HELP!
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query and photograph. You are probably suffering from rosacea, as evident from photograph. It is an inflammatory condition of face involving the blood vessels. Please apply an anti inflammatory cream like metronidazole in night. keep applying the sunscreen in day. Also take capsule doxycycline daily one for a month. This will give you relief. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you