What cause penis to bulged out in a child?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My sons 4 years old his penis has bulged out suddenly which was seen in him a few months ago also , local doctor Dr M XXXXXXX MD Pediatrics gave Clemastine Fumarate Syrup (Clemist-R) . In the morning his lips also bulzed out which is usually seen. Kindly help me
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks like angioedema , oral allergy syndrome Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. From your history and photo it looks like allergic reaction to insect bite or food . You need to continue the present medication and if it doesn't subside you may be required to start short course of oral prednisolone at 10 mg per day for 2 to 3 days. Get allergic profile tested by skin prick or specific IgE Elisa after consulting allergy specialist in your area Regards Dr Arun