What cause pain near penis?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
hi sir, M facing a kind of strange pain near my penis.I can say it is not hurting but i kind of have some kind of discomfort and i have no problems while passing urine but the discomfort am having...not really sure what is it causing...Can you please help me in this .Am really worried wwhat it might be.
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pain may be due to UTI or ureteric calculus. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to us According to your history pain may be due to urinary tract infection or ureteric calculus. You need proper clinical examination by a surgeon and need few investigations. Investigation include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Urine RE/ME,Urine culture and sensitivity,Ultrasound of abdomen.Further investigation can be done if needed. Ultrasound of abdomen and routine urine examination can exclude many conditions. At present you can take tablet Dicyclomine SOS. Proper treatment depend upon clinical examination and investigation reports. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: What cause pain near penis? 17 minutes later
hi sir, is this something i need to worry on...

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: There is no need to worry. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX mvsr Thanks for writing back There is no need to worry. If investigation shows infective etiology then it can be well controlled with antibiotics.There are also treatment available for calculus if diagnosis comes so. You should drink lot of water and take tablet Dicyclomine SOS. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX