Ask a Urologist   »  

What cause pain in testicles?

Dear Doctor, I have been facing pain in my left testicles for a long time. I first had this pain 1 year ago after returning from gym .I had consultated 3 docs and got 1) Semen Analysis 2)Urine Analysis 3)Doppler test 4)Ultrasound 5) Blood test But nothing was confirmed and was told maybe due to kidney stone passage the pain is there.Recently 3 months back again I faced the same pain and again consulted 2 doctors Clinically as per doctors everthing is fine only the testicles show a bit of inflammation and hydrocele is mentioned which is not there clinically . One doctor suggested me treatement of filariasis and prescribed me medicine along with pain killer ,but it did not work. Second Doctor a surgeon gave me anitbotic 1) Zocef -500 2)Dictorion A 3) Pan 40. The pain has reduced but after the course is over I still get this nagging pain in the testicles and also my front abdomen near the left side just near the hip pains extremely . I have done all the tests again for surety . Can you please help i am now facing depression and can't concentrate on anything . Please help
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Chronic epididymitis Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank You for consulting HealthcareMagic! Some cases of chronic epididymitis also present similar to your presentation, that is symptoms of pain are present most of the tests will be normal. However, based on frequent follow ups and physical examination, you Urologist may suspect it. Anyhow, there can be other causes as well which need to be excluded based on physical findings. But, unfortunately in some cases of chronic epididymitis, though it is clear that infection is the cause, doctors never find any signs of infection and the cause of the inflammation is unknown. I suggest you to do follow ups with Urologist and discuss about the possibility of this, so that appropriate management can be planned. Urinalysis and culture including initial stream, mid-stream, and after a prostate massage can give some hint. Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.