What cause leg aches?

Excellent

Rheumatologist
Question
What cause achy legs? I've had Doppler scans of my legs twice but I'm still having achy legs
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam , Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that there can be a long list of reasons why you could be having achy legs but first I would require the report of your Doppler Scans to see whether there is any kind of abnormality in that because then vascular insufficiency needs to be looked at . Please provide me with any kind of history that you would like to tell in this context . Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What cause leg aches? 23 minutes later
No history of anything major i had 2 doppler scan and both were normal ine was taken at tge ER.

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for reverting back. As you tell that both the doppler scans were normal the possibility of vascular insufficiency is ruled out , in that case the metabolic abnormalities remain the main probability . You need to get your Serum Calcium , phosphate and Vitamin D levels done to see if any metabolic abnormality exists . In case it is deficient we will need to correct the deficiency . Second thing that is advisable to you is to get a CPK done which is a muscle enzyme to rule out any kind of muscle pathology. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What cause leg aches? 2 minutes later
I had vitsmin d checked and it was 32 is that to low?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, I think its normal between 30 -40 IU is considered normal but you havent mentioned the units in which your value is reported . It also varies from labs to lab , they must have given you a reference range for it . Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What cause leg aches? 1 minute later
Report

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Its in the normal range but lower normal value so it is advisable to you to continue with your supplements as your doctor has advised you. Dr. Shruti