What cause itchiness on back side of legs and above ankles?

Dermatologist
Question
Both of my legs, above my ankles, on the back side, are itcdhing.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I would like to know few additional things 1. Since how many days you have this itch ? 2. Are there any lesions or just you have itch? 3. Are you suffering from any other medical condition? Please answer the above and if possible, upload a photograph of the area affected. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. There is an option to upload reports on right side of query page. For now you can take tablet levocetrizine ands apply calasoft lotion. This will give you relief. Waiting for your response. Thank you

Follow-up: What cause itchiness on back side of legs and above ankles? 55 minutes later
There are no lesions and my health is good.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Thanks for the follow up. Please do the following. 1. Take tablet allegra 180 mg in morning and tab cetrizine in night. 2. Apply calamine lotion in morning and desonide lotion in night. Do this for 3 days. You will get good relief. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you