What caues swollen tongue and dry mouth?

My tongue is swollen and my mouth is very dry, also it is very numb. what is it
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Glossitis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Based on the symptoms you have I suspect you to have Glossitis. The cause of which can be any of the following. Infections Vit B deficiency Anaemia Poor hydration Allergies Drug side effects etc. The most common cause amongst is Vit B deficiency. Also it leads to dry swollen tongue as in you. I suggest you to take Vit B supplements daily for a month. Tongue will get better after a week dosage if it is due to Vit B deficiency. If not then you may have to get examined to rule out other causes. Do consult a ENT specialist for the same. Hope, I answered your query. Please let me know if there are any other concerns. Regards,