What casues swelling on sole of feet with bier spots on legs and arms?

Swollen sole of feet, bier spots on legs and arms disapeer when raised and mottled palms and soles of feet... My doc checked my liver with ultrasound and ct in May 2013 and does bloodwork every three months all liver function test and scans were normal. What could this be?
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: urticaria Detailed Answer: Hello Probably you are suffering from urticaria. It is an allergic condition. Please upload a photograph of the lesion. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and a better line of management. There is an option to upload photos on right side of query page. Please utilize it. Thank you
Follow-up: What casues swelling on sole of feet with bier spots on legs and arms? 12 minutes later
I have this on the arms and legs it goes away when the limbs are raised or rubbed. My feet the soles have mild pitting edema. And palms of hands are mottled red and blotchy soles of feet are as well. Everything says liver but my doc said ct was normal and my liver tests eveey three months are normal as well. I never had this before this last year.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 20 hours later
Brief Answer: estrogen excess Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the photograph. It is appearing as telengiectesia, that is dilated blood vessels that can be compressed, hence it disappear on pressing. You are correct, it indicates liver disorder. It usually happens due to estrogen excess in body. Please get your testosterone and estrogen levels done and let me know the reports. Thank you
Follow-up: What casues swelling on sole of feet with bier spots on legs and arms? 35 minutes later
Should i be worried ? Will i have a stroke while workong out? Are there any immediate negative affects i should look out for? I workout lately to lose wait and im on high cholesteal meds and pain management for a damaged disc frkm a serious snowboarsing accident? I just want to know if there there js anything i should look out for? I am out of town working till next month and cant consult a my doctor till then
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Need not be worried... Detailed Answer: Hello, You don't need to worry much. It is not as sinister as you think it is. I would not be concerned as long as your liver function tests are normal. These are just superficial dilation of blood vessels probably due to hormonal imbalance. It will come under control as soon as the imbalance is corrected. I cannot advice you any treatment until the diagnosis is proved. You can start the treatment after you get back home. In the meanwhile, watch out for systemic symptoms like abdominal pain which will need an immediate doctor attention. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you