What can i take internally to get rid of Plantar Fibroma?

Apr 2014

I have had a Plantar Fibroma on the arch of my bottom right foot for over 6 months and I have been using Verapamil Transdermal Gel 16% on it twice a day for releif but it gets smaller and then bigger and its quite painful to walk on and after a recent ultrasound was preformed on the right foot with contralateral foot examined for comparison purposes. The report essentially states that my plantar fibroma on the bottom of my right foot measures 0.5 x1.1 x 1.3 in size and I have a smaller plantar fibroma on my left foot measuring 0.2 x0.5 x0.6 so do you know what i can take internally to get rid of these painful things? I am really not open to surgery.
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Heat therapy and steriod injection are helpful. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to HCM First you should try conservative means for pain management. You should use soft inner soles in footwear and apply padding.It is helpful in early cases. Deep Ultrasound heat therapy is also helpful in relieving pain. If these things doesn't work then intralesional Corticosteriod injection like Triamcinolone can be given.Topical clobetasol ointment can also be applied. Injection of collagenase is also helpful in some cases. Radiothearpy is given in some cases but it is more helpful after operation. Surgery is done in cases not responding to conservative means.You should think about it as last option. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX