What can i do to increase my height?

i am 20 years and iam 168.5cm tall. i want to be 175 cm, so what should i do
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detail Follows Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. I would like to know if you have any medical illness? Height increases till a age, then it stops increasing because end of long bones fuse by puberty. Unfortunately at this age , end of long bones have already been fused , so it's not possible to increase height. Height depends on many factors mainly genetic. Your height is already 168.5 cms that is a quite good height. If you don't have any medical problems, i would not suggest you any medicine for that. Some people try hormones, but trust me interfering with hormones of your body can be serious You may just get your thyroid test done, however its unlikely to be a cause. Stay away from Newspaper & TV advertisements claiming to increase your height Remember "Stature doesn't make difference, Acts does." This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD