What can i do to improve the collapsed veins in my arms?

What can I do to improve the veins in my arms so technicians don't have problems with them when I donate plasma?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 32 minutes later

This problem is mainly noticed in obese individuals since excess fat masks the veins. Collapsed veins causing difficulty for intra venous cannulation or for withdrawing blood also occurs in cases of severe dehydration or shock.

So have a good diet plan containing more proteins and less fats and exercise daily which keeps you fit. Drink enough fluids to keep yourself well hydrated.

Exercises that helps you well for this includes,

1> Push ups- this exercise works out your arms, chest, abs and back.But the outcome will be to get visible veins in your arms.

2> Triceps dips- this is the most effective one for achieving visible veins in your arms.

4> Do a barbell wrist curl over a bench- this exercise puts main focus on your forearms.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your follow up queries if any.