What can happen after inhaling steam of eucalyptus oil for a long duration?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I enhanced a great amount of steam that was 100 % eucalyptus oil only for forty five min.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Inhaling steam for a long duration can cause a decrease in levels of oxygen in your blood as humid air inhaled has a lower percentage of oxygen saturation. You might have some difficulty in respiration and may feel dizzy. In extreme cases, slight lowering of blood pressure may be noted. If you are not allergic to eucalyptus oil then there might not be any adverse effect noticeable.
All these effects are short lasting and fade gradually once the exposure to steam is over. Inhaling air at room temperature usually takes care of these minor symptoms.
Please be careful next time not to inhale steam for longer then 5 minutes at a stretch.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.