What can cause vibration like feeling in left side of chest?

What would cause a feeling in my left side chest above my breast like a cell phone on vibrate? It happens for a few seconds at a time, last for minutes or hours
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 4 days later
Brief Answer: Consult a Cardiologist: it may be PSVT Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. The information provided suggests that you are suffering from defect of heart rate, called arrhythmias. You have apparently been having episodes of rapid beating of the heart (called Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (PSVT). It occurs primarily due to an abnormality of the electrical conduction of the impulses. Tests such as, an ECG, 24-hours' Holter Monitoring and, if required, Electrophysiological Study, are required to diagnose this condition, which may, or may not, be associated with underlying heart disease. The other, but less likely, possibility is episodic fluttering (fasciculations) of the fibers of left side chest muscles. Consult your doctor/Cardiologist and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and A MERRY CHRISTMAS, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: What can cause vibration like feeling in left side of chest? 5 minutes later
Ekg was normal other than a right branch bundle block
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Further evaluation (2-D Echo + Holter required) Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXXXXX Nice hearing back from you. It depends on whether the Right Bundle Branch Block (RBBB) in the EKG, was interpreted as Incomplete (IRBBB) or Complete (RBBB)? Incomplete RBBB is considered a normal finding in majority of the cases. However, Right Bundle Branch Block (RBBB) is considered significant in an individual who has symptoms suggestive of intermittent tachycardia. It therefore mandates further evaluation, as already advised (2-D Echo and Holter monitoring). Consult your cardiologist who is certainly conversant with the next course of action in your case. Take care Dr. Rakesh Karanwal