What can cause sudden hair loss? I thought it was

Question
What can cause sudden hair loss? I thought it was my taking Felodipine, but I have stopped using it and my hair is still falling out
Posted Mon, 4 Dec 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Follow-up: What can cause sudden hair loss? I thought it was 5 minutes later
My hairloss started when I started to use Felodipine - I reported it to my Dr. and was told that they never heard of that side effect. I stopped using the medication about a week ago, but my hair is still falling out.

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be due to Felodipine.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
The common causes of hair loss includes :
1. Nutritional deficiency
2. Hypothyroidism
3. Recent illness like fever
4. Drugs.
5. Anemia

Felodipine is unlikely to be cause in your case. It could be a co incidence.

I would recommend you to get your hemoglobin , thyroid profile done and if all come out to be normal, start on a good hair supplement like Tab Hairfollic or Tab Follihair, as per availability in your country. Your dermatologist would help you with this regard.

If still, you don't get satisfactory result you can go for Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy. It give you wonderful results.

This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD