What can cause sticky labia?

My daughter is 4 and was born with labia adhesion which has corrected itself over time. My question though is: What can cause sticky labia? She has been walking and squatting as she walks quite a bit in the last week or so. When I ask her what the problem is, I am told "it is just sticky mommy". There is nothing abnormal to see there, no redness, no swelling, no discharge nothing except as she said things seem to be a little stuck together there. As if it lacks some kind of lubrication. Please advise.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Sticky labia without any pain or discharge is a normal finding and usually do not need any treatment. The stickiness in the labial lips is due to sticky and thick vaginal mucosa.You need to wash that area frequently with soap and water to remove all the accumulated mucosa which is causing the problem. After cleaning the area applying mild amount of petroleum jelly will help.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.