What can cause snoring and jerking legs when drinking alcohol regularly?
User rating for this question
43 year old alcoholic male. Drinking since mid-teens and past 5 years drinks about 2 1/2-3 cases of beer (5% ABV) per week. He is overweight. Snores. I was concerned one night because I happen to hear him breath while he was sleeping. His breathing was short little 'puff' breaths. He would quickly breath in from his nose and 'puff' it out of his mouth. Very short inhale and exhale. I've only noticed it the one time, but I happen to be awake. He also 'jerks' his legs while sleeping.
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Needs examination & Investigation... Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic The description doesn't sound like a heart problem! It appears to be Sleep Apnoea… See a Pulmonologist (Lung specialist) / get him examined Basic investigations are often necessary... Spirometry (lung function) / X-ray Chest / EKG are the routine and minimum… Liver function and Lipids (Cholesterol & Triglyceride) are also in order Jerking the logs could be normal phenomenon / if severe, a Neurological consultation could evaluate Restless Leg Syndrome… In the long term, counselling can help to wean from alcohol Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless
People also viewed
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of clomipramine?
- What is the cause of snoring and sleep talk
- Snoring causes
- Is very low blood pressure or pulse a side effect of cleviprex?
- Alcohol and snoring
- What to do to stop snoring
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of trimethoprim?
- Snoring with broken leg
- Can i take panadol while on duromine
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of carisoprodol?
- Can you smoke while taking duromine
- Duromine and kidney problems
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of thiabendazole?
- Does anyone get nightmares while on duromine?
- Nicotine patches while on duromine