What can cause severe pain and popping sound in ribs during sex?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
During sex last night I heard a popping sound and experienced severe pain in my ribs in my back on right side. The pain is still severe today
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Give rest to the injured part Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. As you fell 5 days ago and hit the rib area , there is possibility of soft tissue injury or fracture rib. During sex it might put additional strain over already injured area. Without X-ray, it is difficult to differentiate a fracture from others. I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance. Meanwhile give rest to the injured part and do not involve in activities which puts additional strain on the injured tissues. Applying muscle relaxant gel and taking antiinflammatory drug like ibuprofen will be helpful. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care