What can cause pinching and burning pain behind my right ear with a medical history of acinic cell carcinoma?

Oncologist, Surgical
I have a history of acinic cell carcinoma from 41 years ago in the area from my right parotid glass and around the nerves in my face and right ear. Now 41 years later I am having the same pinching, burning pains behind my right ear similar to before. Who should I see since this was all done while I was an active duty Army wife? XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. K. Harish 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Visit a head and neck surgeon Detailed Answer: The parotid acinic cell carcinoma was operated 41 years ago. According to your med history, you have also undergone a neck dissection for the same. Salivary gland malignancies are known to spread and recur after many years. However, 41 years appears to be very late for a recurrence. You also have had neck dissection in which some nerves would be cut. It is difficult to pin point the recent cause for pain; but as I have mentioned the chances of recurrence are less. You could consult Head and Neck surgeon or head and neck oncologist for review. He would be able to evaluate on recurrence as well as the cause of pain.