What can cause pimples near the base of my penis?

I had a pimple near the base of my penis it popped in the shower not its scabbing I had it before and got checked and it was just a pimple. should I be worried
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: In my opinion: nothing to worry about sir Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. A pimple at the base of the penis is usually due to an irritated or infected hair follicle, which is common and harmless in that location, due to the constant friction and moisture from accumulation of sweat. As long as you had it checked earlier, and it was reported to be normal, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. The scabbing is a part of the healing process, which helps in replacing old and damaged skin with new cells. In my opinion, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Keep me informed about any developments (if any), but you should be fine in no time. I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes sir.
Follow-up: What can cause pimples near the base of my penis? 13 minutes later
Well when I had it before and got it checked it didn't look the scab like it is now is it because irritated and made it worse
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: I feel it is normal sir Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir. Do not worry, based on the presentation provided, it does sound like it is absolutely nothing to worry about. But for your satisfaction, it would always be safe to get it examined by a doctor. But if it the scab that you are worried about, in my opinion that is the normal process of healing, and nothing more. I hope this helps you clear your doubt sir. Best wishes.