What can cause hard prominent vein on penis after an intercourse?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I am a healthy 29 year old male. I have never had intercourse but tonight I was receiving oral sex from my longtime girlfriend when I noticed a very hard, prominent "vein" running the circumference of my penis under my foreskin. I have never had this vein, or whatever it is, appear. It is very hard and does not seem to want to go back to normal even after I had relaxed. It has been about an hour and it is still present. Is this anything to worry about? It doesn't hurt but it's very present. Also, I don't know if it matters but in the sake of total medical history, I got my first flu shot today. Pictures attached. Sorry for graphic nature.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is normal vein. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed a prominent vein at coronal sulcus during erection and sexual activity. This is one of the tributaries of penile veins which normally gets engorged during erection due to venous occlusion . It is nothing to be worried about and will not have any ill effect on your sexual potency. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.