What can cause fever and rashes in toddlers?

My daughter who is 18months has a rash that appears and then disappears and moves around her body. It pops up in all different areas of her body. It looks like a white bite. Sometimes small clusters and then in other patches is clumped together. Slightly risen and she scratches it. This started on Sunday afternoon (mild) and then got worse yesterday evening which she then also had a temp over night. Im pretty sure one of my other children had this. Couple of yes ago and it was a viral rash. She still have a temp this morning. Do I need to take her to the dr or should I wait it out another 24hrs
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: viral fever Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Babies less than 2 year old are prone to develop viral infections. Fever associated with rash is usually seen in viral fever. This is self limiting and you don't have to worry much. Just give medication to control fever. I would like to see a photograph of the rash . This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and better line of management and to decide whether visit to doctor is needed or not. Waiting for your response. Thank you
Follow-up: What can cause fever and rashes in toddlers? 4 hours later
I gave her ibrofen at 8am this morning because of her temp After giving her ibrofen this morning she rash settled down. She had a sleep and woke up warm at 1:30pm and its flared up again. She also woke up with abit of a gunky left eye. I have just given her some panadol to keep her temp down. The pics below i just took.. They are in different spots to this morning. She had them all over the side of her face and on her stomach. She has nothing on her stomach at the moment. Thanks for you reply. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer: not a viral rash Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the photograph. The rash is not appearing like simple viral rash. It is looking like an urticarial rash, which happens in allergic condition. I would suggest you to meet a dermatologist. Blood test like eosinophil count might be required for diagnosis. For instant relief an anti histamine syrup like cetrizine is advisable. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow-up: What can cause fever and rashes in toddlers? 7 hours later
Ok thanks. I have an apointment with my dr today.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: welcome Detailed Answer: You are most welcome.