What can cause dizziness during heat exposure and shivering during cold?

I get very hot within about 3 mins of exposure to heat, causes dizziness and sometimes fainting. At other times im freezing cold and cant stop shaking, it becomes painful and everyone else is comfortable. Feet are always cold. This has been going on since i was a child. All blood including iron levels are fine. Neruo specialist say exam was a little off but didnt seem concerned. I also sometimes get dizzy sitting lying or standing in comfortable temps. Usually lasts a few mins or until i cool down but has lasted for several hours. Please help. Oh and ekg was a little funny first time. Second was fine. Paternal history of heart & blood pressure issues that have resaulted in death.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later
Hi Jennalg79,

Thanks for your query

Excessive feeling of heat and cold can be due to various reasons as Thyroid disorder,Anaemia,Fibromyalgia,Pituitary tumour etc.

But you have explained that all your tests are fine so it might be that either you are underweight or your skin is very thin.Some underweight individuals also feel the same as there is no layer of fat or adipose tissue underneath the skin and subcutaneous tissue.

Check your diet, if you are having too much of processed food,refined sugars and low sodium diet do some changes in diet for few weeks and then observe if there are any changes in the symptoms. Go for fresh fruit juices and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, prefer freshly cooked food than packed food.

You might consider getting your Thyroid levels checked as it can be a major cause if thyroid is underactive.Get Free T3 and T4 levels evaluated as they are more accurate.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available to answer your follow up query if any.