What can cause dizziness and room spinning?
User rating for this question
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Take Betahistine and Prochlorperazine tablets Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. I need more information :- * since when do you have this problem? * Is there associated nausea or vomiting along with spinning sensation? * Does spinning sensation occur on turning your side while lying down? * Do you hear ringing in the ears? * Are you able to walk without swaying or the room spinning? Nevertheless, the brief information provided points towards either, 1. a common condition of internal ear problem (called Labyrinthitis); or, 2. A benign, transient condition called Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV). The treatment is the SAME for both conditions. I recommend that you take:- # Tablet Betahistine 16mg thrice daily x 3 days; thereafter, 8mg THRICE daily till you recover completely. # Tablet Prochlorperazine (an anti-histaminic, anti-emetic drug) twice daily, along with Betahistine, till you have complete recovery. You will be completely OK within 7-10 days. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and will prescribe the advised drugs in appropriate doses. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
People also viewed
- Accidentally inhaled bleach fumes while cleaning
- Is vomiting or vomiting of blood a side effect of pediarix?
- What causes dizziness symptoms dizziness
- Is red, scaling, or cursed skin a side effect of pan c 500?
- Action and sideeffects of tablet lesuride
- What are the side effects of pain relief pm extra strength?
- What can cause dizziness and room spinning
- What causes vertigo and dizziness
- What causes fainting and dizziness
- Scrotal swelling post abdominoplasty
- Is bloody or black, tarry stools a side effect of norgesic?
- What causes nausea and dizziness
- Pharmacological action of dexorange syrup
- Calorie need for acrocallosal syndrome
- Is general tiredness and weakness a side effect of omnicef?