What can cause burning sensation while suffering from allergy in vaginal lip during pregnancy?

Now I am fourth month pregnant, now I am suffering with allergy on vignal lip and white discharge. When I am using water to wash its was burning sensation. I am not able to walk. Kindly advise.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. I am sorry to know that are dealing with some health issues during pregnancy. Burning sensation that is bad enough to cause discomfort while walking is seen in genital herpes. It is called as vulvovaginitis herpetica. You did not make clear about the time when you last took antivirals. I think you may be having recurrence of genital herpes (if the previous outbreak was over). You can get a repeat serology for HSV-2 and viral cultures from cervical and vaginal secretions to confirm. The treatment will depend on the diagnosis. If it is herpetic, then you will need antiviral. If herpes is ruled out with these tests then treatment for the other probable diagnosis (allergy) may be started. Hope it helps. Wish you an uncomplicated pregnancy. Take care. Dr Vaishalee