What can cause black skin in penis shaft?

skin blackend then feel off my penis shaft. what could this be.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Healing herpes Detailed Answer: Hi I have seen the attached pictures. From the pictures, it looks like you had an episode of herpes which is now healing. See I would like to know certain more details from you. Have you had any similar episodes in the past? Since when do you have these lesions now? Was there any associated pain, itching or discomfort? Any outside contact? I am sure I would be able to help you more once you provide me the above details. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What can cause black skin in penis shaft? 3 hours later
no never before. I had a problem itching on inside but it healed. yes I've had contact
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Genital herpes Detailed Answer: Hi again See since there is a history of contact, I would like you to get yourself tested for herpes infection. Get Ig M and Ig G levels done for herpes one and two. For the time being, you just need to apply a topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin or neosporin over it twice a day. Keep the affected area clean and dry. Use adequate contraception till the time the lesions completely heal. If you have any recurrent episodes, you will need to start antivirals as soon as the lesions appear. Please ask if you have any other query Dr Geetika Paul