What can cause abdominal pain with vomiting in child ?

Hello I am worried my daughter 7 has had abd pain which is quite severe even causes vomiting. not eaach day but has been happening for a few months at least 3 days a week c/o belly pain.

had a cranial vault reconstruction at 9 months for synitosis
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 3 hours later
Your child’s abdominal pain does not seem to because of cranial synostosis or its surgery that is cranial vault reconstruction. But a review CT / MRI scan may be helpful.
Also Intranasal DDAVP may not cause such abdominal pain.
Normally there is a dictum for young children, that 90% of their abdominal pain is psychological in origin. Like the child does not want to go to school, does not like school or wants to do something forbidden, but not allowed to do. But in such cases there is rarely any vomiting. As your child is vomiting during abdominal pain, we have to evaluate properly.
Investigations like Complete Blood Count, Urine Routine & Micro, Stool Routine & Micro can be carried out.
Radiological modalities like Ultrasonography of Abdomen, CT / MRI scan of Abdomen can be explored.

Till that time you may avoid oily and spicy food and try deworming the child.

Hope this answers your query.I am available for follow ups as well.