What can be wart on cleavage line with a family history of skin cancer ?

I am 42 and have had malignant melanoma, with family history of skin cancers. I have noticed a mole or wart on the side of my breast (cleavage) which developed a few years ago, and has in the last few days become itchy and swollen. It is fairly even in colour and shape, slighty shiny and somewhat translucent. It is slightly red around perimeter. Is this something to be concerned about?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 20 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

The redness , itching, swelling are typical signs of inflammation. Since there is a change seen in only few days time also with history of malignant Melanoma I would ask you to get examined by a Dermatologist to rule the malignancy .Most of times due to the chemical mediators released by the cancers may result into signs as above.Do not wait.

If needed ( dermatologist recommend) get an biopsy of the lesion which can rule out with cancer with some considerable evidence.

Meanwhile you can take anti inflammatories like Ibuprofen to control the inflammation surrounding it.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.