What can be the swollen lump developed on lower lip with water?

Hi I just found a lump on my Lower lip, on the side. It feels like it's filled With water and a bit tight. It swelled up in about 30minutes . What can it be ?
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lump on the lip- possibility Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, It could be cold sore or urticaria. Can you please upload a photo of the lip.You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. Waiting to see the photo, Take care.
Follow-up: What can be the swollen lump developed on lower lip with water? 6 hours later
Hi doctor . I sent you a picture I bought Abreva and was thinking of using it
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Possibility of allergic blister Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome back, Thanks for the photo. Even though the location is the common site for herpes, the blister does not look clinically like herpes. Herpes usually has smaller more superficial multiple blisters and not a single deep seated one like in your case. Usually herpes blisters will breakdown to form shallow ulcers. This looks like an allergic wheal to me. Did any insect like ant bite you ? Are you using any cosmetics on the lips ? I will recommend you to take an antihistamine tablet like benadryl. This swelling should go away in couple of days. Hope this helped,If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help. Take care.
Follow-up: What can be the swollen lump developed on lower lip with water? 3 minutes later
Hello Dr and thank you for your answer . I was thinking it could be a cold sore ? I'm using Carmex on my lips and didn't get bit by anything . I bought Abreva this morning . Should I stop using it ?
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 3 hours later
Brief Answer: You may continue Abreva Detailed Answer: Hello, Even though the lesion does not look like a classical cold sore, you may continue using Abreva. It has moisturizing agents. It won't cause any harm. If you have recently started using carmex stop it. Hope this helped, Take care.