What can be the reason for puss filled pimple on left lower lip?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...I have been getting a pimple like bump on my left lower lip for months now. It gets pus filled and sometimes I pop it and then it goes down but doesn't go away. Can I send you a picture of it? I'm wondering what it is. It won't go away. I am 46 years old and very light skinned. I have red hair and freckles. Thank you
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 12 hours later

A recurrent pimple like bump over the lips may very well be Herpes labialis.

Do you associate these bumps during periods of mental or physical stress?
How often do you get these bumps.. I mean how many times have you noticed them in the past 2 months.

If you can send me the picture of the lesions it will be great. You can mail your pics on YYYY@YYYY , mentioning the subject ATTN: DR XXXXXXX

You have to reply to me here (on this website) as I can only answer to you here on this forum.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.