What can be the reason for polyps in my vaginal wall ?

I I have polyps in my vagina wall I just notice this what can it be?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later

Small polyps on the vaginal wall which were not present earlier can be due to 'vaginal warts'.

Genital warts are caused by a type of virus. This virus is referred to as a papilloma virus. The virus is transmitted sexually. In order to transmit the virus one does not necessarily need to have any symptoms or any warts. The virus simply lives on and under the skin.

The only way to really make sure what is going on with you is related to a genital wart would be to see your gynecologist. Your gynecologist can perform a thorough examination and do a very brief test to see if these are really genital warts. If this is the case, there are options for treatment.
As far as treatment goes there are several options. Among these option would be to use a special cream which will help the warts dissolves and go away. In addition there is also a treatment where a doctor can use a small instrument to freeze of the warts. They will then dissolve and go away.

On rare occasions a surgeon may decide to surgically remove the wards. It really depends on how extensive the warts are in the area. In your case if what you have is truly genital warts I think you would respond to one of the less invasive means which I mentioned above.

As far as other possibilities there are some inflammatory conditions of the skin which can trigger these kinds of things in the vaginal region. But I really do not think that yours is a case where this is going on. I really encourage you to visit with your primary care provider or a gynecologist for an true and thorough examination. There is no substitute for an examination to really find out what is going on.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.