What can be the reason for pain in neck and one side of head that is worsening ?

i am having pressure and some pain on one side of my head and neck has been getting worse over the past few days. went to the doctor two days ago. he said possible sinus infection or migraine. have been taking antibiotic and migraine medicine for two days and it's getting worse. should i go to the er for more tests?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later

If you are not getting any relief from antibiotics and migraine medicines then you should try to reconsider the diagnosis.
Headache associated with sinus infection is mainly due to congestion. You should try decongestant drops and steam inhalation at least twice daily- Take hot water in a vessel, put eucalyptus oil in it. Inhale it by covering yourself with a blanket. See to it that fans/AC are not on during this and after some time also i.e. around 10-15 minutes.
The other diagnosis that are likely are -
1. Cervical spondylosis- an examination by orthopaedician and X-ray neck will help in diagnosis.
2.Stress and wrong postures can also induce such pain.
Causes of head and neck pain are rarely due to any emergency condition. You need to go for a follow up visit to your treating doctor and ask for reconsidering the treatment options.

I hope my recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow ups.