What can be the reason for missed periods and negative pregnancy test?

Me and my husband trying to have a baby since 3-4 months.
But not successfull - doctor told me to check my
PCOD it came normal..
In XXXXXXX 6th i was expecting my periods but didnt came that time also we were having intercource and last we had was on 4th XXXXXXX /since than today is 4th aug i havent got any periods , no cramps , no pain and negative home preggy test - i took that test on 1st august. I am not sure what to do kindly suggest i m so stressed.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 22 minutes later
Hi Lovely,

Thanks for posting your query

Problems in conceiving can be suggestive of Hormonal imbalance due to any underlying abnormality as PCOD,Endometritis,Pelvic infection,Thyroid disorder etc.If you do not have ovarian cysts or PCOD then there could be other issues causing this.

First of all you need to be relaxed as stress can cause hormonal derangements.

You need a step by step evaluation.
1)Get your complete Hormonal profile including Thyroid levels done along with USG scan pelvis.
2)Hysteroscopy to check the patency of fallopian tubes.
3)Your Husband's Sperm count analysis after abstaining from intercourse/masturbation for at least 3 to 4 days.
4)Have regular intercourse during ovulation days which are 9 to 16 days in normal 28 day cycle.
5)While having intercourse keep a pillow under your hips.
6)Have healthy well balanced diet.
7)Go for a brisk walk daily.

If there are any hormonal derangements then appropriate treatment can be provided accordingly depending on the cause.

Consider visiting a Gynaecologist for pelvic examination and detailed evaluation.You can also request for an Ovulation study which will help to know whether egg is being released or not so that you can plan the intercourse.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query.