What can be the cause of painful gastric problem for the last few months ?

Iam having gastric problem in large intestine for last few months.It is quite painful once i wake up in the morning.Over the counter medications like ranitidine,pentoprazole etc. have been of little help.I have taken tinidazole for three days that helped a little.What could be the cause?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 46 minutes later

It will be very helpful for me in understanding your condition better if you could answer some of these questions:

1) How does the pain begin? Suddenly or gradually.
2) What is the pattern of the pain? Crampy or steady.
3) What makes the pain worse like sitting, bending, eating etc?
4) What relieves the pain? Vomiting or taking antacids.
5) Are there associated signs and symptoms like fever, diarrhea or rectal bleeding?
6) Is the pain accompanied by any constipation or difficulty in passing stools?
7) Can you point out the exact location of pain in the abdomen?
8) Is there any associated pain on micturition or blood in stools or urine?

Pain in abdomen can be serious and needs urgent medical attention. Some of the common causes of pain in abdomen are hepatitis or hepatic abscess, cholecystitis, perforated duodenal ulcers, appendicitis, diverticulitis, adenitis, abdominal abscess or hematoma, inflammatory bowel disease etc.

Please do get back with these answers so that I can help you in a better way and narrow down the possibilities with the additional information.