What can be the cause for pain between breasts and chills?

hi late;y im having pain between my breast with chills and lighheaded what can it be
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 15 minutes later

I would wish to have these details to answer your query better.

1. Do you have any discoloration of the skin on your breasts,any lumps,fever etc?
2. Any discharge from the nipple?
3. Is the pain located to a particular site?
4. Have you had any tests done?

Get back to me with these answers to provide you with an answer.

Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: What can be the cause for pain between breasts and chills? 32 minutes later
hi no i dont have discoloration and no discharger from the nipple.the pain is on the chest wall sometimes and on the upper spine. when i take gaviscon and try to burp i have sour taste i had ecg done one month ago it came out fine but im concerned about my heart cause i dont think acid reflux makes you dizzy all of a sudden
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 hours later

Thanks for the information,

You may be having GERD(gastro-esophageal reflux disease).It may present like that and also mimic heart ailments.If your ECG was normal,then you can rule out arrthymias so the next doubt would be the upper GI.You should also get a ultrasound upper abdomen to rule out gall bladder symptoms.A breast examination to rule out lumps is also needed.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: What can be the cause for pain between breasts and chills? 15 hours later
hi i have the last question a stress test fine to catch arrthymias or i need some other tests?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
Most times arrthymias can be diagnosed by an ECG and stress tests.Other tests may not be required if not indicated.If both the tests are clear then you can rule out heart arrthymias.Functional problems can be ruled out by Echo.