What can be given for 2 year baby for constipation, smelly stools, running and watery eyes?

Ayurveda Specialist
what can be given for a 2 year old baby for Constipation and bad smell in stools.
what can be given for runing nose and watering eyes?
What oil should i use for itching in hair due to atopic dermatities?
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 26 minutes later

Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your concerns and following points need clarifications:

1. By constipation do you mean in frequency or quantity ?
2. Are the problems described by you persisting after birth (allergy) or is due to climatic conditions?
3. Do let me know whether you have consulted any child specialist, (if yes) what medicines were prescribed?
4. Is child still breastfeeding (if not) then what extra nutrition you are giving to the baby.

Do revert back for better line of management.

Dr. Munish Sood
MD. (Ayu.) Kayachikitsa
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika Clinic
Follow-up: What can be given for 2 year baby for constipation, smelly stools, running and watery eyes? 23 minutes later
1)From few days he is saying he is feeling like doing potty but not coming , i consulted a local physian he gave some syrup ,with it he has passed stools but hard and little litte. I wana know a medicine which i can store with me for constipation and give him as and wen required. Ayurvedic is safe and i dnt wana run to allopathy.
2)after birth in summmer it got worst.
3) yes i have consulted for allergy he asked me to gv Attrax syrup. skin specialist gave Cetaphil restroderma.
4) No he has stopped breast feefdiing from age 8 months. he has paratha, khicdi, dal some times, elachi kela,milk with horlics, some times nonveg, biscuits, choclates,mango XXXXXXX etc
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later

I would like to address this issue in three parts:

A. I would like to have some more information about
1. Any practice of suppression of natural urges, any dietary intake of excess of dry,cold,astringent,pungent,and concise food?
2. Any history of worm in stools (do a stool test) to exclude the possibility. Is his weight according to age (do a hemoglobin test) to rule out anemia.
3. As symptoms are persisting from few days, did he suffered from fever earlier?
4. Did you gave any medicine in form of morphine/iron/lead/nutmeg/catechu: which acts as astringent and thus causing constipation or any calcium containing antacids.
5. Is there any psychological factor which you like to share: any physical inactivity, personality dysfunction?

Based on the information you can follow the above regime:
*Regular bowel habits with attempted bowel movements 15-20 minutes after breakfast when gastro colic reflex is strongest.
* High fibre diet:
.high roughage in diet- plenty of green leafy vegetables like cabbage,cauliflower, palak,cucumber,lady's finger
. eat plenty of fruits with edible cover
* Adequate fluid intake.
* Abhyarishta/Panchskara churan/ Tab Herbolax.

B. Regarding running nose and watering of eyes: avoid dairy products, wheat, sugar, potatoes, tomatoes,peppers,bananas,oranges, grapefruits, heavy,cold food, mustard oil, curd,excess physical exertion, excessive exposure to sun,dust, cold breeze, day sleeping,
. boil 2-3 table spoon of coriander seeds in 4 cups of water and let him inhale. .Also you can pour “shadbindu oil” on small cloth and put that cloth in both nostrils for sometimes (while breathing through nose, make sure cloth is not pushed too deep resulting in breathing difficulty.
. Add a pinch sweet flag root powder (vacha) to 2 spoons bitter gourd leaves juice and 2 spoons honey. Motions will start for some time and swelling (due to bronchitis) will eventually reduce.
. Consult with an Ayurveda Physician regarding “Nasya” & “Dhoompana” and try to improve the Respiratory and Immune system of the child.

C. Due to atopic dermatitis is there any hair loss?
. avoid excess of salt and sour food
. as skin and nervous system has common embryological origin, thus it will be wise if you consult an Ayurveda Physician there for curative line of treatment, preventive aspect is given: local application of mixture of “karanj-kapur” oil is beneficial.

Do let me know if you need further clarifications.

Dr. Munish Sood
Naimittika Clinic.