What can be done to treat a red lump on the outside of the wrist which is painful to the touch?

my husband has developed a scabby reddish lump on the outside of his wrist which seems to be about quarter inch round and high and has come up with a blackish top on it over about 14 days. It is not casuin g pain unless it is touched
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 5 hours later
Thank you for the query,
XXXXXXX the information you have provided is not enough to reach to a diagnosis.
I would like to know few things here:
1) what was the sequence of its development(how did it actually start).
2) Is it itchy .
3) is there any oozing from it.
4) Any associated symptoms like fever or cough ?
5) any past history of any medical illness like tuberculosis,diabetes etc ?
6)Has he taken ant treatment for it and what was the result.

You can even consider sending a picture of the lesion to me which would help further.You can send it at YYYY@YYYY write subject as "ATTN Dr.Bharat Chawda" and please also reply to my answer on the website,saying that you have sent a picture.

I would wait for your reply to help you further.