What can be done to increase the vitamin D3 levels?

I have a question on the tests conducted for my mother. She is 59 and a diabetic. It is in the initial stages and her FBS is at 121 and RBS is nearly 158. Her triglyceride levels are at 245.
The doctors have advised no medication but exercises. Meanwhile, they asked for a test of Vitamin D3 and B12 to be conducted.
The B12 levels turned out to be normal but the D3 was at 14.2 (which is very less). What should be done to improve these levels. As she has sugar levels, what can be done to increase the D3 levels so that any other problems do not arise?
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin D3 sachets for six weeks

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Vitamin D3 levels, earlier it was not at all considered to be of therapeutic value in diabetes patients but now it has become important as it help to control blood sugars and increase stamina and immunity.
Recently vitamin D3 supplementation should be done at weekly once for 6 to 8 weeks. Strength should be at 0000 thousand units.

Adequate Sunlight exposure, which should be specifically at afternoon light for atleast half an hour or one hour is needed.

Hope this information is helpful.

Follow-up: What can be done to increase the vitamin D3 levels? 7 hours later
Thank you doctor.. I just have some clarifications on this. It is as follows:-
How will the medicines be given, as capsules or what way?
As the test shows 14.2, is that a standard unit or should be multiplied by1000 ius?

Is less levels relates to other problems like mood swings, acidity?
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
capsules and in sachets

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir

Vitamin d3 is available in both capsules and sachets which needed to be taken with milk or water

Less levels are associated with gastritis and other problems.