What can be done to avoid vommiting ORS and medicine taken for loose motions?

Hello Sir, My 15 months old baby is suffering from loose motions since last 2 days. I am giving him Darolac XXXXXXX 20-30ml twice daily and ORS . But after drinking ORS he vomits everything. What Shall i do?And for how many days ca i give him Darolac?
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sudha Shree Venkataraman 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Darolac for 5 days. Need more details Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic. Please let me know the details of the illness. Is there any fever? How frequent is the loose stool and how frequent is the vomiting? He needs medications (Domperidone/ Ondensetron) for vomiting. These medications can be given thrice a day. Half an hour after the medicine, you may start feeding him. His feeds should include fluids like water, coconut water, lemonade, soups in plenty. If plain ORS is not accepted by the kid, you may try giving flavored ones or Pedialyte. His diet should include curd, rice based items, Banana, Bread etc. Cow`s milk or formula milk should be avoided. Darolac is a probiotic. It can be given for 5 to 7 days. It will help in reducing the duration of the illness. How ever it will not stop the diarrhea immediately. If he does not take fluids well or his frequency of urination is less than 4 to 5 times in a day or he is dull and lethargic or his vomiting does not stop after medicines, please do not hesitate to take him to the hospital. Hope my answer helps. Please do get back with the details and further queries. I will be happy to assist you.