What can be done for frequent back pains, suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
what to do for more often back pains
Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 20 minutes later
A pain in the back at your age could be due to-
1. A beat-up mattress that does not give adequate support might cause stiffness and pain. You need to use a firm mattress preferably a cotton mattress which gives our back a good support.
2. Disc herniation or spinal canal stenosis- Can be diagnosed after investigations like MRI.
3. Arthritis or ankylosing spondylosis.
4. Weak core muscles-Strengthening the muscles that support the spine helps keep the spine in its proper position and reduce risk of sprains, strains and lower back pain. Maintain fitness with exercises that include back stretching and strengthening exercises under guidance of a physiotherapist.
A detailed examination by an orthpedician will help in detecting the exact cause. The treatment further depends on the cause.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.