What can be done about the fever and pain due to bee sting?

My son has a 100.7 temperature and is still in pain from a bee sting he got twelve hours ago. Is this normal?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 37 minutes later

Thanks for the Query.

I Would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) How many stings has he got?
2.) Did you try to remove the stinger?
3.) Does he have itching and swelling over the stings?
4.) Does he complain of pain?

He needs immediate medical care, Take him to a Doctor will remove stingers further and prescribe medications, which he will be needed to take as directed.

Try to remove the stinger by yourself using a tweezer and clean the area with clean soap and water. Apply cold compresses to relieve pain and swelling if any. Take him for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I Will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

I Wish him Good Health and Speedy Recovery.

Take Care.