What can be bump underneath foreskin in diabetic patient ?

-42 year old
-borderline diabetic-somewhat physically active
-205 lbs
-monogamous married relationship for 3 years
i have one small somewhat sensitive bump under the surface of the skin. There is no redness or any other irritation. There is no discharge or pain when urinating. I have had this problem for less than 24 hours, it was as if one moment it appeared and has not changed since i noticed it. i suffered no trauma to the area (other than regular masturbation, 1 a day). the last time i had sex with my wife was approximately 8 -10 days ago. There have been no other symptoms.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 13 minutes later
Hello and thank you for your query.

It's not uncommon to experience skin changes around or on the penis from time to time. The most common cause in the absence of any risk factors for sexually transmitted infections is an inflamed hair follicle or inflamed/clogged skin pore. This can be somewhat more common in diabetic patients but moreso in those who have uncontrolled blood sugars.

I would suggest you try some warm soaks in the bathtub for 15-20 minutes per day for the next few days. I would avoid pressing on the area with any significant force as this can cause more inflammation. I would expect this area to slowly improve in size over the next 10 to 14 days. If it does not improve or if it gets larger or more painful I would suggest you have your doctor examine the area.

I hope this reply to your query has been informative and reassuring. I am available for your followups if needed.

Dr. Robert Galamaga