Ask a Urologist   »  

What can I use to get rid of glands around penis head?

Psychiatrist
Question
What can I use to get rid of these glands around my penis head they dont bleed or leak fluid I had them before I started having sex
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 37 minutes later
Hi and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question.

Can you give me more details about these glands... How many of them do you have? Where is the exact location on the penis head? What is the size of each gland? What is the colour and consistency? Are they fluid filled? Do they keep increasing in number or size on-and-off? Are they painful or causing discomfort? Does it affect your sexual performance?

Please get back to me with these details, so that I will be able to guide you better.
Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar

Follow-up: What can I use to get rid of glands around penis head? 25 minutes later
Its about ten right under the rim of my penis head also their on the shaft of my penis right by the head in size they are like little pimple then I have sum that are like right under the skin all of them are visible the color is just about the color of my skin of my penis theirs no fluid at all they dont come an go their just there their not painful at all they dont affect my sexual performance

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 3 hours later
Hello again and thanks for the details.

These tiny, pin-head sized, flesh-coloured papules, in and around the rim of your penis are due to a benign (harmless) condition called "hirsuties papillaris genitalis", otherwise known as "pearly penile papules". These are very common among young males in their twenties or thirties (more so in uncircumcised males) and are absolutely harmless. They do not indicate any infection and are not pre-cancerous also.

Typically, these papules gradually fade away with age and there is no treatment required, except for cosmetic reasons. Topical applications are largely ineffective, but some have reported success with wart creams, salicylic acid ointments, etc. The only proven effective way to get rid of them permanently is using CO2 laser ablation, cyrotherapy or surgical cauterization.

So, I would advise you to ignore these unless you are very concerned about their appearance, in which case you will have to go in for ablative procedures like the ones I mentioned above.

I hope I have answered your query satisfactorily.
Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist

Follow-up: What can I use to get rid of glands around penis head? 13 hours later
Can I use liquid wart remover with salicylic acid?

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 12 hours later

Hello again and thanks for writing in.

You have to be careful in using wart remover with salycilic acid because some of these come with a high concentration of salycilic acid, which may sometimes cause mucosal ulceration. You can try a salycilic acid cream or lotion with a very low concentration (2 - 3 %), that too applying only a very thin layer over the affected areas. If you develop any redness or burning or peeling, then you should stop using it.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist