What can I eat and also food the I should avoid while taking levofloxacin?

What can I eat while taking levofloxacin and what should i stay away from ?
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 48 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query,

You may be taking certain other medicines that should not be taken at the same time as levofloxacin. Avoid taking the following medicines within 2 hours before or after you take levofloxacin. These other medicines can make levofloxacin much less effective when taken at the same time:

antacids that contain magnesium or aluminum (such as Maalox, Mylanta, or Rolaids), or the ulcer medicine sucralfate (Carafate);
the ulcer medicine sucralfate (Carafate);
didanosine (Videx) powder or chewable tablets; or
vitamin or mineral supplements that contain iron or zinc.
Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds. Levofloxacin can make you sunburn more easily. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) when you are outdoors. Call your doctor if you have severe burning, redness, itching, rash, or swelling after being in the sun.

Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or bloody, stop taking levofloxacin and call your doctor. Do not use anti-diarrhea medicine unless your doctor tells you to.

Dr Galamaga